What is PTA (Parent-Teacher Association)?
The National PTA works closely with other national education and health agencies and organizations, advocating policies for children’s rights to better education, health and welfare. It provides programs, publications, videos and training to state and local PTAs.
The mission of the PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
How Do You and Your Child Benefit from the PTA?
PTAs benefit everyone. Strong schools mean stronger communities. PTAs improve children’s well-being. PTAs focus on what students need to successful in their learning, including proper nutrition, safety, and healthy environments. PTAs support education through active participation and advocacy. PTAs help parents navigate the local educational system to become effective advocates for their children. PTAs keep parents informed. Involved parents can understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. Children of involved parents also exhibit increased motivation, better self-esteem, less drug and alcohol use, and fewer instances of violent behavior. Those great benefits come from parent involvement, a major focus of the PTA. The number one benefit of PTA membership is the ability to help your children.
Get Involved. Join the PTA today! Click HERE to join NOW
Pearsontown Elementary Elected Officers Description
The only elected officers of this local PTA shall be a President, one or more Vice Presidents, a Secretary, and a Rreasurer. No PTA member shall serve in more than one elected position at a time.
NCPTA Member Benefits and Opportunities
NCPTA teams up with businesses committed to supporting PTA’s mission of serving all children by offering our members special discounts and other unique opportunities. See the latest discounts here.
The objectives of the North Carolina PTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home,
school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection
of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relations the home and the school,
that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently
in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public
such united efforts as well as secure for all children
and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental,
social, and spiritual educations.
Remember, what you get from the PTA depends on how much you:
- Participate in programs
- Vote on PTA issues and PTA officer elections
- Learn what is available to you from your local, state
and national PTA.
- Encourage your PTA to conduct programs helpful to you
and your children.