WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Nominations for PTA officers for the 2019-2020 school year open through 3/1/19 (see additional information below)
- 1/24/19-Durham Bowls will be serving Cuban-Style Pork and Rice as part of the lunch menu at all DPS cafeterias
- 1/24/19-Advocacy and Wellness Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm in the teacher’s workroom
- 1/25/19-Walk/Bike To School, 8:15 am, meet at the former Rite Aid parking lot (corner of Woodcroft and Fayetteville), this event is weather dependent.
- 1/31/19-AIG Partnership Meeting, 6-7 pm, Team Howko’s room
- 2/1/19-English Language Learners Information Session, 6-7:30 pm, Mr. Hiraldo’s 4th grade classroom (see more information below)
- 2/11/19-Dining Night Out at Chipotle (Southpoint Mall location), 4-8 pm, a flyer is not needed for this event, just mention to the cashier that you are with Pearsontown
- 2/12/19-Open Library Night, 6 pm, Pearsontown Media Center
- 2/13/19-Early Release Day, school dismisses two hours early
- 2/13/19-First Grade Families to donate for Staff Luncheon. Donate HERE
Newly designed T-shirts are available and all old designs are on sale~Order HERE
Spirit Days are every Friday!
Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or classroom t-shirt to participate!
Thinking about getting more involved in the PTA?
Do you know someone who you think would be a great PTA leader?
If so, please consider nominating yourself or someone you know (with their permission of course :)) for a 2019-2020 PTA officer position.
Nominations will be taken through March 1st.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “nominations” in the subject line.
Visit HERE to access the nomination form.
Officer Information Summarized from the NC PTA Bylaws:
The only elected officers of this local PTA shall be a president, one or more vice president(s), a secretary, and a treasurer. No PTA member shall serve in more than one elected position at a time. Upon taking office, each elected officer must be a member of this local PTA.
Officers who will serve for the coming fiscal year shall be elected at the last general membership meeting of the fiscal year; these officers will assume office on July 1 and serve until the following June 30.
The nominating committee shall nominate a slate of eligible candidates for election as officers of this local PTA. In addition to the individuals nominated by the nominating committee, nominations from the floor will be allowed.
- Presides at all meetings of the general membership and the board of directors at which he/she may be present.
- Coordinates the work of the officers, the board and the committees of this local PTA.
- Performs such other duties as may be provided for by these bylaws or assigned to him/her by this local PTA or by the board of directors.
- Signs all contracts of this local PTA that have been approved by the board.
- Acts as an ex officio voting member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Performs duties requested by the president and the board of directors. In the event of a vacancy in the office of president, the vice president, or the vice presidents acting together if there is more than one, shall assume the duties of the president until a new president is elected.
- Records the minutes of all meetings of the general membership and the board of directors and shall perform such other delegated duties as may be assigned by the board of directors.
- Maintains a file of important documents related to that local PTA, including but not limited to: articles of incorporation of this local PTA, the current uniform local bylaws approved by NCPTA and adopted by this local PTA, the current standing rules of this local PTA, minutes of past meetings of the general membership and board of directors, copy of the official membership roster, a current roster of board members, a current roster of all committee members and chairs, legal documents, including but not limited to insurance policies and contracts, current and past tax returns, and current and past audit reports. At the end of his/her term, the secretary shall transfer this file of important documents to his/her successor as secretary.
- Collects, deposits and maintains all funds of this local PTA in approved depositories.
- Disburses funds in accordance with the annual budget adopted by this local PTA, and maintain records identifying the purpose and payee of all disbursements.
- Maintains a current record of income, expenditures, assets and liabilities of this local PTA.
- Makes all financial records available for inspection and review by the audit committee.
- Presents a financial report of income and expenses at each meeting of the general membership and the board of directors, which report shall compare current income and expenditures to the approved budget.
- Remits dues to NCPTA.
- Prepares a year-end financial report by June 30 showing the total income and expenditures for the fiscal year, comparing those figures with the budget approved at the beginning of the fiscal year, and the assets and liabilities of the local PTA, and submit that report to the incoming president, treasurer and audit committee.
- Files all required tax forms and reports in a timely manner, including but not limited to tax returns for the previous fiscal year, and submit copies of all such filings to the secretary of this local PTA.
- At the end of his/her term, transfers all financial records to the audit committee by July 1.
- Provides assistance to the audit committee upon request.
The Advocacy and Wellness committee is looking for volunteers to help knit or crochet red baby hats. The hats will be distributed to babies born in hospitals across the country during February, which is American Heart Month.
#LittleHatsBigHearts is the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s campaign, in connection with The Children’s Heart Foundation, to collect knitted or crocheted red baby hats.
Yarn Specifics: Red, Cotton or Acrylic, Medium to Heavy Weight, Machine Washable and Dryable
Simple hat patterns would be great. While bows and buttons are outstanding, they can come off and can be dangerous for little ones so please do not include bows and buttons.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact email@example.com. Please turn in all hats by 2/1/19 to the collection box outside of the PTA office.
English Language Learners Information Session
2/1/19 from 6:00 pm—7:30 pm in Mr. Hiraldo’s classroom
Register by 1/25/19 to Sunny Hiraldo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text Victor Hiraldo at (919) 410-5153
This class is for parents/guardians for students that attend Pearsontown. There will be pizza and drinks served during this meeting. This meeting is for adults only, since there will be a short assessment to see where we need to start with each person.
Sesion de informacion
Fecha: 1 de febrero, 6:00 pm a 7:30 pm
Favor registrarse antes del 25 de enero para Sunny Hiraldo (email@example.com) o envíe un mensaje de texto a Victor Hiraldo al (919) 410-5153
Esta clase es para padres/encargados de estudiantes que asisten a Pearsontown. Habrá pizza y bebidas s durante esta reunión. Esta reunión es solo para adultos, ya que habrá una breve evaluación para ver dónde debemos comenzar con cada persona y attender cada necesidad individualmente.
Ways to connect with your PTA:
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school phone announcements
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in you PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
Pearsontown PTA Easy Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Visit here to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit here to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be relinked yearly starting in August.
Boxtops and more~Save and turn in your Boxtops and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and the PTA receives a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Mighty Nest-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in at the front office to support the Ronald McDonald House.