WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- 9/19/18- Early Release, 4th grade families to sponsor staff early release lunch
- sign up HERE to help with donations of food/drink items or your time
- 9/19/18- PDQ Dine Out Event, 3301 Watkins Rd, Durham, 2-9pm
- 9/20/18-Advocacy and Wellness Committee Meeting, 6 pm in the Teacher Workroom/Lounge
- 9/20/10-Beautification Committee Meeting, 7-8:30 pm in the Media Center
- Yearbooks Now On Sale, 15% Discount on orders placed through September 30th, www.pearsontownyearbook.com
- 9/24/18-10/12/18-Intersession-No School
- 10/17/18-Early Release, 3rd grade to sponsor staff early release lunch
- 10/18/18-Beautification Committee Meeting, 7-8:30 pm in the Media Center
- 10/18/18-AIG Partnership Meeting, 6-7 pm, Team Howko’s Room
- 10/19/18-Fall Picture Make Up Day
- 10/20/18-Beautification Committee Fall Clean Up Day, 9 am-noon, all are welcome!
- 10/24/18-Book Club Meeting, 4-5 pm, Team Howko’s Room, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle will be discussed.
- 10/26/18-Walk To School Day, 8:15 am, former Rite Aid parking lot (Woodcroft & Fayetteville)
Spirit Days are every Friday!
Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or
classroom t-shirt to participate!
With your help, we surpassed our goal!
If 100% pledge collection is achieved,
$60,698 will be raised for our school!
- We had pledges from 43 states and six countries: Canada, Denmark, Hungary, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- 86% of students registered on funrun.com (705 out of 824 students)
- 75% of students received pledges (621 out of 824 students)
From DPS Community Education Regarding Fall Intersession Camp
Intersession breaks are prime opportunities to upgrade and maintain schools while children and staff are out of the building. This fall DPS will be renovating the kitchen and cafeteria, installing a security vestibule and retiling flooring that will block access to various hallways. Many contract workers will be in and out of the building while doing this work. Our office has been working with DPS Construction and Capital Planning Department and they have determined that based on the amount of construction that is scheduled to take place during the fall intersession, it will be unsafe for a program to take place this fall. We have been communicating with them for the last couple of weeks in hopes a camp could be offered in a limited portion of the building.
We will be offering camp at Holt Elementary, 4019 Holt School Rd., which is also a year-round school in northern Durham. This camp is similar to the camp we have always operated at Pearsontown. Students will be provided breakfast and lunch and will participate in field trips each week. The program will operate from 7am-6pm daily. A few of Pearsontown afterschool staff will work at the Holt intersession camp.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for supporting our programs!
Coordinator of Extended Learning
Community Education & Family Engagement
919-560-3816 Ext. 22231 / Tracey.Super@dpsnc.net
Ways to connect with your PTA:
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Read the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school announcement and reminders on your voice mail.
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in special activities.
- Email an Executive Officer with questions and ideas.
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our newsletter mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Just visit here to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit here to link your card. Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be relinked every year.
Boxtops and more~Save and turn in your Boxtops and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). Read more about the Coke Rewards for School Program here.
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and we receive a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in at the front office to support the Ronald McDonald House.