WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Para la traducción al español, vea las instrucciones en la parte inferior de la página
- 8/13/18-Beautification Committee Meeting, 7 pm at Pearsontown
- 8/15/18- Early Release (school will dismiss two hours early)
- 8/16/18-Membership/Nominating Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm, Room 109S (Hiraldo)
- 8/20/18-Boosterthon Pep Rally
- 8/22/18-NO SCHOOL-Teacher Workday
- 8/24/18-Walk to School, 8:15 am, Rite Aid parking lot (corner of Woodcroft/Fayetteville)
- 8/30/18-Science Olympiad Coaches Interest Meeting, 6 pm, Room 208S
- 8/31/18-Boosterthon Fun Run Fundraiser in the Gym, times below
- Pre K and K at 9:30 am
- 1st grade at 10:30 am
- 2nd grade at 11:30 am
- 3rd grade at 12:30 pm
- 4th grade at 1:30 pm
- 5th grade at 2:30 pm
- 9/6/18-Staff Appreciation Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm, Dulce (Fayetteville Road). All are weclome even if you’re unsure about becoming a committee member!
- 9/19/18- Early Release (school will dismiss two hours early)
- 9/19/18- PDQ Dine out night, 3301 Watkins Rd, Durham, 2-9pm
- Spirit Days are every Friday! Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or classroom t-shirt to participate!
This year’s main fundraiser is the Pearsontown Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Monday, August 20th. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (30-35 laps), and we’ll celebrate at the Fun Run on Friday, August 31st. With our big goal of raising $45,000 for Media Center & Technology, we asked the Fun Run experts at Boosterthon to power our Fun Run and make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK MYSTERY LAB! Boosterthon’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they’re teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to solve mysteries, our students will learn five 21st-century character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward Media Center & Technology and the entire two-week experience. So please help our school by reaching out to sponsors. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on your student at the Fun Run! Thank you for your support!
Pledging is now open at funrun.com. Our school code is 543-532.
News From the Specials Teachers
Technology with Mrs. Lawrence~Through progressive and interactive resources I will support and enhance the curriculum of all grade levels. Technology is a tool for learning that expands our instructional repertoire and is a vehicle that maximizes its capacity for all learners.
Art with Dr. Henderson~Students will investigate the world of Visual Arts through engaging hands-on activities. Art instruction will focus on the technical and expressive aspects of art while following the guidelines and standards established by the North Carolina Department of Instruction. Students will explore various media and use their individual creativity to apply the skills they learn.
Physical Education (P.E.) with Mr. Costner~In Physical Education this year, students will increase their physical competence, self-responsibility and enjoyment of physical activity so that they can be physically active for a lifetime.
Music with Mrs. Wright~The mission of Ms. Wright’s music classes at Pearsontown Elementary is to develop a greater understanding and love of music through singing, reading, playing instruments, and movement in accordance with the North Carolina Arts Essential Standards.
Spanish with Señor Laws (Sherrodl.firstname.lastname@example.org)~In Spanish we will explore many topics from Kindergarten to Fifth Grade and each grade level will have performance tasks to complete as evaluations.
Literacy/Writing with Mrs. Wimberley~In Literacy, students will explore the various forms of writing and develop an understanding of how writing relates to reading. We will be engaged in both narrative and expository writing.
Media with Mrs. Jones~In Media, students will explore learning through technology, discovery, and teamwork. Students will do content based centers to enhance their learning of the NC standards. Students will also check out library books when they visit the media center for specials. Kindergarten and First grade students may check out one book at a time, and second through fifth grade students may check out two books at a time.
Specials Class Expectations
1. Listen when the teacher is talking and giving instruction
2. Be respectful
3. Use materials safely and appropriately in class
4. Maintain self- discipline
Specials Class Consequences
1. Verbal Warning
2. Verbal Warning/Time to think
3. Teacher Consequence
4. Parent Contact/Email
As a part of the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program at Pearsontown, each grade level classroom has a “Specials” Folder
- Each day, the entire class will be rated 1-5 (5 is high and 1 is low in terms of whole class
- Enclosed in each folder is a class roster. If individual students have to be redirected according to the class expectations, students will receive a tally mark next to their name.
- Students receive tally marks only if they have to be reported in our Behavior Report System.
- The Specials team will have quarterly Celebrations for PBIS.
- If students receive three (3) tally marks beside their name in any one (1) class, they will not be able to participate in the quarterly celebration and will have a chance to participate in the next celebration next quarter. Notification will be sent home prior to the end of the quarter for celebrations.
If there are any questions about Pearsontown PBIS or the Specials folders, please contact Sherrod Laws at (919)560-3964 or email@example.com.
Pearsontown PTA News
Ways to connect to your PTA!
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Read the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school announcement and reminders on your voice mail.
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in special activities.
- Email an Executive Officer with questions and ideas.
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our newsletter mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our mailings, they may sign up here.