PTA Upcoming Events
IMPORTANT! MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Tuesday, October 24 – Advocacy Committee Meeting – 6:30pm Room 1P
- Tuesday, October 24th- Parent-Child Book Club, see Howko team for details
- Wednesday, October 25th- Early Release Day
- Wednesday, October 25th- Penn Station Subs Dine Out, all day
- Thursday, October 26th- Communications Committee Mtg – 6pm Room 1P
- Thursday, October 26th- Beautification Committee Mtg – 7pm Room 1P
- Friday, November 3rd- Walk to School – 7:50am
- Tuesday, November 7th- Municipal Offices Election: Mayor, City Council
- Tuesday, November 14th, PTA General Body Meeting- 6:30pm
- Saturday, December 9th- Ford Drive 4 UR School- 9am-12pm
Spirit Days are every Friday! Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or classroom t-shirt to participate!
Pearsontown PTA News
Ms. Jefferies, school counselor for grades 1, 3, & 5, is a proud member of the North Carolina Army National Guard. She will be deploying during the second quarter of 2017 and will return after 12 months of service. We wish her well on her journey. She will be missed. Ms. Parris will be available to assist students with all counseling needs during this time.
Hurry, Hurry, Read All About It!!! We are happy to announce the New Pearsontown Student Newspaper. Ms. Wimberley our the creative writing specialist heads up this project. Way to go Pandas! Check out the first quarter issue
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
— William Shakespeare
This PTA is in need of gifted persons who are willing to give their gifts for purpose of securing the future of our precious Pandas. Without your help the mission and purpose of the Pearsontown PTA will not be realized on the greatest possible level. Together we are stronger!!
- Persons with experience and interest in Social Media, Website Maintenance and Online Publishing
- Dads, grandfathers, brothers and other male caregivers
- Members to join the Advocacy Committee
Click help if you are interested and want to join us!!
Our online store is always open on our website! Click “Online Store” (or use the link on the right) to order:
- Memberships ($8)
- T-shirts (short sleeved $10/ long sleeved $15)
- Magnets ($6)
- Yearbooks 2016-2017 ($20)
- *NEW* Tote bags ($15)
Orders placed online will be delivered to your child’s classroom within three (3) days. You must provide your student’s name, classroom, youth or adult shirt sizes (if applicable), and magnet style (if applicable) in the notes to merchant section at checkout.
Ways to connect to your PTA!
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Read the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school announcement and reminders on your voice mail.
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in special activities.
- Email an Executive Officer with questions and ideas.
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our newsletter mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our mailings, they may sign up at http://pearsontownpandaspta.us11.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=d134710664aa4db6ca0332442&id=4c1854d1d8
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
You can donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class or a special’s teacher from our online store. At any point in the year, you can donate online or drop off a check in the PTA mailbox and the money will be put into where you want it 🙂
California Pizza Kitchen
Be on the lookout for this card in your Friday Folder or pick on up in the school office. This promotional card is valid from 11/1/2017 to 4/30/2017. Keep the card in your wallet, take your family out to dinner at the CPK Southpoint Mall location, give this to your server and Pearsontown PTA will receive 20% of your check. The server will return the card to you so that you can use it throughout the fundraising period. Enjoy!
Ford Drive 4 UR School
MUSTANGS, EXPLORERS AND FLEXs…OH MY!!! COME TEST DRIVE YOUR FAVORITE FORD VEHICLE!!
Donate Old Shoes
If you have usable shoes, please save them for a donation program that we will be starting in December. More information coming.
If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Just follow the link below to get started.
Support us when you shop at Amazon http://smile.amazon.com/ch/56-1682501 and Amazon donates!
Coke Rewards Program
Link your Kroger Plus card: https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow or at any Kroger customer service desk.Our school code is: 84064
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card: http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/
link_to_your_school.aspx . Our school code is: 1288
Boxtops and more…
Save and turn in your Boxtops, Campbell’s labels for Education, and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Night Out
Participate in our monthly dining nights out. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and we receive a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations
Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.