WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- 11/5-11/20-Advocacy and Wellness Committee Food Drive
- 11/24/18-Free tickets for students to Duke Football Game-scroll down for additional information
- 11/27/18-Advocacy Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm in the teacher workroom/lounge
- 11/30/18-Walk/Bike to School, 8:15 am at the former Rite Aid parking lot (Woodcroft and Fayetteville)
- 12/4/18-Dining Night Out at Chuck E Cheese (3724 Mayfair Street, Durham)-a flyer is needed for this event (flyer will be sent home or show on your phone)
- 12/6/18-Ident-A-Kid photo day-information about this program will be coming home in Friday folders
- 12/5/18-2nd grade families host Pearsontown staff luncheon. Sign up to help HERE
- Newly designed T-shirts are available and all old designs are on sale! Order HERE
- Yearbooks on sale, 5% off through November (this is the last discount for the year). Order HERE!
Spirit Days are every Friday!
Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or classroom t-shirt to participate!
Apologies for incorrectly posting the street name for our dining night out Chic-fil-A. Thank you to the parent who noticed the error and emailed us to correct it.
The Final Days of the Food Drive Are Here!
Donations will be accepted though November 20th
These are the most needed items:
Rice (most needed of all food items), instant mashed potatoes, 100% fruit juices, macaroni and cheese, flour, biscuit mix, cake mix
Donations may be dropped off by the front office and thank you so much for your support!
FREE DUKE FOOTBALL TICKETS FOR YOUR STUDENT
With many of our Duke Students leaving campus and heading home for Thanksgiving, Duke Football is looking for fill our student section with local students and their families for the November 24th game vs. Wake Forest. The game is set for 12:30 p.m. at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium. This is a great opportunity for our Durham community to visit campus and watch a great football game.
We are offering all area students a FREE ticket to the game as well as free concessions vouchers good for their choice of a Hot Dog or Popcorn and a drink. Their families and friends can also purchase significantly discounted tickets for only $15 that also includes the free concessions vouchers. Parking is also free for all fans in our general public lots.
All the students and their families have to do is visit www.GoDuke.com/BeAStudent to register.
Order your 2018-2019 Yearbook!
**Note, to ensure proper delivery, please select your student’s teacher when ordering.
NEW SHORT SLEEVED T-SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED!
If you order online, please include your child’s name and classroom so we can deliver to the classroom. We have gone back to the Gillian brand shirts that our previous gray and bright blue shirts were, they run bigger than the shirts we had at open house.
Order online HERE
Thank you to the Staff Appreciation Committee for always taking such great care of the Pearsontown Staff!
This month they received apples and toffee dip from PDQ…yum!
Kids Vote Results Summary
K-12 Durham Students have spoken in the 2018 Kids Voting Durham General Election. Attached you will find the overall results of the Kids Voting Durham vote, as well as individual school results.
Students returned US House Representatives G.K. Butterfield and David Price to office, re-elected all Durham’s State House and Senate Representatives as well as elected new NC House member Zack Forde-Hawkins. Dave Hall and Clayton Jones won their challenges for District Court Judge seats, as did the unopposed candidates. The results of the NC Amendment votes was very close, but students chose to approve the Amendment on lowering the maximum income tax rate in NC and to reject the Amendment requiring photo ID to vote.
More than ever before, the adult vote and student vote in Durham aligned almost exactly. The one exception was in the NC Amendments where Durham voters rejected the amendment to lower the income tax rate. Voters in NC overall approved both the income tax amendment as well as the one requiring photo ID when voting.
Visit kidsvotingdurham.org to see Pearsontown’s results
From our Technology Coordinator, Ms. Lawrence:
I want to make sure my students have the materials they need to succeed, so I just created a request for my classroom at DonorsChoose.org: Technology with Flexible Seating.
If you chip in to help my students, you’ll get awesome photos and our heartfelt thanks.
Thanks so much,
P.S. If you know anyone who may want to help my classroom, please pass this along!
Visit HERE to donate to Ms. Lawrence’s classroom
Ways to connect with your PTA:
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school phone announcements
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in you PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
Pearsontown PTA Easy Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Visit here to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit here to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be relinked yearly starting in August.
Boxtops and more~Save and turn in your Boxtops and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and the PTA receives a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Mighty Nest-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in at the front office to support the Ronald McDonald House.