WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Welcome back from intersession!
- PTA Online Store Inventory Sale! Visit HERE to shop!
- 2018-2019 Yearbooks Now On Sale, 10% Discount on orders placed in October, see additional ordering information below or visit: www.pearsontownyearbook.com
- 10/18/18-AIG Partnership Meeting, 6-7 pm in Team Howko’s Room
- 10/19/18-Fall Picture Make Up Day
- 10/19/18-Dessert Night Out at Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, 8200 Renaissance Pkwy, Durham, 4-9 pm
- 10/20/18-Beautification Committee Fall Clean Up Day, 9 am-noon, all are welcome!
- 10/23/18-Advocacy Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm in the Media Center
- 10/24/18-Grades K-2 Book Club Meeting, 6-7 pm, Annie and the Snowball and the Dress Up Birthday by Cynthia Rylant will be discussed
- 10/24/18-Grades 3-5 Book Club Meeting, 4-5 pm, Team Howko’s Room, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle will be discussed.
- 10/26/18-Walk To School Day, 8:15 am, former Rite Aid parking lot (Woodcroft & Fayetteville)
- 10/27/18-Dining Day Out at Suskioki (burrito-sized sushi), Hwy 55 #510, Durham, 11 am-8 pm
- 10/29/18-11/2/18-Fall Book Fair with Bedford Falls in the Media Center-more details to follow. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (place “book fair” in the subject section) for more information or to sign up to help.
- 11/10/18-Fall Clean Up Day, 9 am-Noon at Pearsontown
Spirit Days are every Friday!
Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or classroom t-shirt to participate!
Come out to Bruster’s this Friday from 4-9 and get your dessert on!
No flyer is needed for this event, just mention that you are with Pearsontown
On Saturday, November 10th from 9 am-noon, the Beautification Committee invites all Pearsontown family members to participate in some school improvement projects around campus, including planting flowers and bulbs, adding some curb appeal to the school, and picking up litter. There will be make-and-take projects for the kids. Join us at any point in the morning as we work to grow that Pearsontown Pride!
Sign up HERE to help!
Order online HERE and items will be delivered to the classroom.
Please provide your student’s name and classroom in the “notes to merchant” section upon checkout.
Order your 2018-2019 Yearbook!
**Note, to ensure proper delivery, please select your student’s teacher when ordering.
Ways to connect with your PTA:
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at pearsontownpandaspta.org.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy – sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the Main Office.
- Listen for school phone announcements
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in you PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, email@example.com
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Just visit here to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit here to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be relinked yearly starting in August.
Boxtops and more~Save and turn in your Boxtops and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box in the main office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and we receive a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Mighty Nest-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in at the front office to support the Ronald McDonald House.